Unlock your academic potential with the help of the Bahamas and Caribbean Scholarships at Thompson Rivers University. The programme is open to international participants for the academic year 2021-2022.
International students that belong to the Bahamas, Jamaica, or the Caribbean can apply for this scholarship to receive financial support towards an undergraduate degree study of their choice in Canada. The students must have an excellent academic record to win this scholarship and get a cash prize of $7,500.
Thompson Rivers University is a public teaching and research university ranked at the 49th position nationwide. It was established in 1970 with a mission to serve the students and its community with high-quality and flexible education, training, research, and scholarship.
Why choose to study at Thompson Rivers University? Thompson Rivers University has made the students’ success and satisfaction its utmost priority. Students of TRU are offered flexible student services, hands-on learning opportunities, and a diverse, inclusive environment that empower them to reach their academic, professional, and personal goals.
Application Deadline: 1st October 2021
- University or Organization: Thompson Rivers University
- Department: Faculty of Adventure, Culinary Arts and Tourism or the School of Business and Economics
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $7500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada.
- Eligible Countries: Students from the Bahamas, Jamaica, and the Caribbean countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Any undergraduate programme at the Faculty of Adventure, Culinary Arts and Tourism, or the School of Business and Economics of TRU can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a strong academic record and recommendation.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students need to register themselves on EducationPlannerBC and apply to any desired UG programme. The students need not apply separately for the scholarship. Winners will be considered on the basis of the admission application.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Degree certificate
- Letter of intent
- Proof of official name change, if applicable
- Admission Requirements: The applicants need a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS –6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 88
- TOEFL PBT – 570
- TOEFL CBT – 230
- MELAB – 81
- Duolingo – 110
- CANTest – 4.5 or above
- CAEL – 70 or higher
The Thompson Rivers University will provide the winners a sum of $7500 to utilize towards the cost of the applied undergraduate programme.