Clark University Presidential Scholarships is part of the University’s pioneering model of education, Liberal Education and Effective Practice (LEEP), which combines a robust liberal arts experience with authentic engagement in the world and workplace for undergraduate students.
If you are an international student applying to your first year of undergraduate study at Clark University, you could be eligible for merit scholarships offered by the University.
When you send in your admissions application, you will be considered automatically for several merit scholarships. Our Presidential Scholarship requires a separate application; however, the rest of our merit scholarships do not.
Your eligibility for scholarships depends on your academic achievement (those indicated on your application for admission), not on your family need. However, international students who may qualify for scholarships are still expected to demonstrate the ability to cover a significant percentage of the cost of their education. This includes students who wish to be considered for the Presidential Scholarship. On average, international students at Clark pay $25,000 to $45,000 per year.
If you are awarded a merit scholarship, you will be notified when you receive your admissions decision.
About Clark University
Building a Better Future Since 1887 Clark is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, but we consider the globe our neighborhood. While our students study many things, there’s one lesson they all learn: Those with the courage to challenge convention are the people who go on to change the world.
Requirements for Clark University Presidential Scholarships Qualification
An ideal candidate for the Presidential LEEP Scholarship has a high school record which places them at the top of Clark University’s applicant pool, An ideal candidate demonstrates a strong desire to:
- Pursue a demanding academic schedule.
- Collaborate with peers and professors.
- Meet ambitious career and life goals.
- Join a community of scholars with a strong commitment to global change.
- Tackle complex challenges at home and abroad.
February 1, 2022
How to Apply
- If you are interested in the Presidential Scholarship, simply check that option when you fill out the Common Application (available after Aug. 1).
- You’ll then receive detailed information — including the topics of the two short essays — on how to apply for the scholarship. The final deadline for submitting the essays is Feb. 1, for Early Action, Early Decision and Regular Decision candidates.
- Students will be notified in March if they have been selected for an interview.
- The Admissions Committee chooses finalists based on the strength of their applications for admission and other criteria identified by the committee. Last year, the committee reviewed more than 450 scholarship applications from the U.S. and around the world before inviting 15 finalists for interviews; of those 15, five were awarded the scholarship and became members of the incoming class. Typically, one or two international students receive this award each year.
For more details, visit Clark University website.